The FTF will be hosting a round of Open Forums, where conference attendees will have the opportunity to engage in informal, small-group conversations on a wide range of topics. A few topics have been pitched in advance (see below for details), and there will be signup boards by the registration table. If interested, we encourage you to propose your own! Each topic will require a facilitator for the conversation. Rooms and tables will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
We’ll provide the space, do our best to promote the chosen topics, and then help attendees find their chosen conversation! We expect these Open Forums to be meaningful, engaging, and lively. We recommend using the following guidelines used by the FTF for this very purpose.
Open Forum Guidelines:
- Share the air
- Honor time
- Assume positive intent
- Listen to understand
- Keep your contributions crisp and fresh
- Speak for ourselves
2019 Proposed Topics:
- Digital Swap Discussion (Steven Clift, Dewitt)
- Digital Strategy Open Forum (Manpreet Karla, Dezavala)
- Starting a Fair Trade Retail Store (Kevin Natapow, Robertson)
- World Fair Trade Day (Rachel Spence, Phoenix North)