FTF members and others are often willing to share their experiences with aspiring entrepreneurs. Remember, the best way to learn is often in person! All are welcome to attend the annual Fair Trade Federation conference, a gathering of over 250 fair trade business owners.
In the meantime, here are some tips from the FTF community:
- Incorporating your new Fair Trade Organization–for-profit or non-profit? by Scott James, Fair Trade Sports, and Nathan George, Trade As One
- Leading the Media to your Business by Megy Karydes, Karydes Consulting
- Incorporating as a Non-Profit Retail Store by Jim Goetsch, Third World Shoppe of Fort Wayne
- Six Keys to Starting a Fair Trade Retail Store by Brian Smucker, Baksheesh
- “A Guide for Retailers: Creating a Successful Fair Trade Business” was written by Kimberly Grimes and published in 2004 by the Fair Trade Resource Network. For a free copy, send your name and mailing address to email@example.com.
- Introduction to Importing to Canada by Janice Dotti, Fair Trade Federation
- Introduction to Importing to the United States by Janice Dotti, Fair Trade Federation
- To Drop Ship or Not to Drop Ship: Advice for Wholesalers by Kevin Ward, Global Crafts