The Fair Trade Federation is committed to the privacy of people who visit our website. Outlined here are the policies we use to protect your privacy and safeguard any information you entrust to us.
1. If you make a payment, register for an event, or purchase materials we collect your name, email, organization, and the amount and date of the payment. If you provide it, we also maintain your address and telephone number.
2. Your payment is processed via a safe, secure and private facility for making online credit card payments.
3. When you make a payment, register for an event, or purchase materials, your email address is added to our email list. We email a monthly newsletter for retailers and/or the public, as well as periodic invitations, updates, or notices. If you ever decide you do not want these updates, you can request to be removed by following the link in the footer or the message, or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Our website may automatically recognize the following information: visitors’ IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet), Internet service provider, browser type, computer platform, referring website, date and time of access, and links clicked through. Our website may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for our marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
5. We do not sell, disclose or share any information or list with any outside organizations. No payment history is made available to any party outside The Fair Trade Federation. We provide information about major contributions to tax authorities as required by law.
6. Fair Trade Federation member organizations may choose what information is displayed publicly about their organization by logging into our secure member portal. When we receive inquiries that we determine to be legitimate business inquiries, we may also share this information on your behalf. Periodically, the Fair Trade Federation publishes a list of members, and their public contact information, in pdf format. We do not distribute these lists in any other electronic formats.
7. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, or want to review your personal information and request a correction, please email us at email@example.com.
8. Except as may be expressly provided in this policy, no personal data of a visitor to the Fair Trade Federation website is collected.